Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday's Fancies

Today I am honored to have {av}, of {long distance loving}, guest posting for me!  Her blog was one of the first ones I found when I began blogging and we've been close every since.  I am off to Charleston for the weekend (woo hoo!!) and she has put together a fabulous and "very me" look in honor of my weekend in one of the most beautiful southern cities.  She picked an awesome one-shoulder dress  and even included Jack Rogers (she knows me too well...)  I really wish I had this whole ensemble packed in my bags...

 

Hi! My name is {av} and I couldn't be happier to grace the pages of Seashells and Southern Belles! I've come to know the lady behind this blog in the last year--and my life is so much better now that I have :) She's full of energy and always looks so daggone cute in all of her photos. In honor of her jaunt to South Carolina this weekend, I pulled together this snazzy outfit for a night out on the town...


1) In playing to Jana's favorites, I knew I had to find a knockout one shoulder dress--and I think this Tibi Paz Sequin-Embellished Asymmetric Silk Dress most certainly fits the bill! Since white is taboo for anyone's wedding but your own, you have to rock it elsewhere...and there's no better time than on a hot night out in the South!
2) Lauren Merkin makes phenomenal clutches and this Tatum Raffia Clutch is another prime example. It could hold most everything a girl needs with some summer sass to boot.
3) A little sparkle never did anyone harm, which is why I thought these Melinda Maria Teeny Pod Blue Topaz Bangles would be a fun addition to this get-up. The color of the topaz is subtle but works splendidly with the sequins in the dress!
4) Who can argue with Jack Rogers? I know Jana can't! These Marbella Espadrilles provide the perfect platform {pardon the pun!} for a boost in the height department. I could definitely use that ;)
5) Hello, Max & Chloe Double Natural Stone Earrings--I'm in love! I just can't get enough of this stunning stone called chalcedony. Their loveliness shines through and finishes off this outfit perfectly.


What would you include in your own Southern going-out get-up?

Have an incredible time in Charleston, Jana! I'm so jealous of the weekend you have ahead of you :) Give my love to each and every one of those bloggers I've come to love so much while you're there! {This is honestly just another sign that {cv} and I need to move South one of these days...sigh} Thanks again for having me here--happy weekend everyone! xoxo {av}

18 comments:

Roxy said...

Love the earrings. I adore Charleston, have a great trip!

ali v. said...

thank you so so much for your sweet intro, my dear! I wish I was going with you to Charleston :( have so much fun...and I'm sure you'll look just as fabulous as this outfit in whatever you wear! xoxo {av}

Kendra said...

Ohh, beautiful earrings! Nice picks!
 PIECE OF CAKE. PEACE OF MIND.

Fash Boulevard said...

omg. those earrings are beyond stunning. i love the color. amazing finds. thanks for another amazing post. Would love if you'd check out my Fash Fave and Fash Fail for the week and see pictures from my Rachel Zoe encounter. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

megan said...

Love the picks, av! Drive safe, Jana, and I'll see you in a few short hours! WOO HOO!

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

i adore those earrings! great outfit! xoxo jillian:: don't miss my fishs eddy dish giveaway!

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

That dress is just glorious!! I could definitely see you wearing that in Charleston! Great job Alison! And have tons of fun this weekend, Jana!!

Unknown said...

I love this whole outfit!that dress is gorg!

Stephanie said...

Looks like a great outfit for a weekend in Charleston! Hope you have a great time!

Michelle (michabella) said...

Love the colors chosen!!! And um hello beautiful platform heels! I want!! Though, if I wore those to school I would prob bust my butt.

henning love said...

love that dress seriously so cute!

Anonymous said...

You both just have the prettiest southern style! Love the soft colors in this. Have a great trip!!

Unknown said...

I've never been to Charleston, but this looks like the perfect outfit for the occasion! Have a great time on your trip!

Rebecca said...

That outfit is perfect!!! I just want it!
<3

Brunette & Blessed said...

love these earrings! good choice

Sarah said...

love the outfit av!!! have so much fun in chucktown Jana..can't wait to hear all about it :)

Nicole Rene said...

Wow, this is a truly fabulous outfit!!!!! That dress is adorable!

Nicole-Lynn said...

OMG girl, that outfit.. to die! Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...