Thursday, July 11, 2013

Sand Dollar Jackpot

There are very few things that make me happier than finding good or rare seashells/sea life.  So you can imagine how PUMPED I was when I hit the sand dollar jackpot on Memorial Day.  Call me simple, but this could very well be one of the best days of my life!  Below are just some of the sand dollars I found.  They were already dead so I didn't mind taking them.  (I try not to take live sea life, butttt I'm not saying I won't do it if it's rare enough)  I lost several on the boat ride home the first day, but on the second day, I figured how to get them home without breaking them. 




A very, very happy beachcomber!

This is what I did with my beauties.  I got the idea from Margaret at The Hunter and The Gatherer


I also found this little guy, but since he was alive I put him back.  (He's lucky, because his shell was perfect and beautiful!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how simple and pretty the shells look in that jar! Great idea

Beaufort Belle said...

Love how you display them! I am assuming you were at AB? If so, which of our little islands did you find these? My husband and I love finding sand dollars!!!

Unknown said...

Wow! Great finds! And good for you for resisting the temptation to keep the live shell. I found a huge starfish in Florida and it was all I could do to put him back.....I still think about it! :)

Janna said...

I love finding sand dollars! I normally bleach them when I get them home- but I love how you displayed them!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

LOVE sand dollars!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...