Saturday, March 26, 2011

Vera Bradley...What Were You Thinking??

I have been saying for yearsss that Vera Bradley needs to do a nautical line featuring seashells and sea creatures.  I am pretttty sure it would sell... Their number one customer for this sea-inspired line is right here. 

So you can imagine my semi-excitement when I was looking through their website yesterday and came across the change pouch below.  My first thought was "awesome, they have something nautical" and then my second thought was "umm, this looks like it would belong to a man." I mean I know it has a somewhat girly pattern impressed onto it and it goes with the collection it belongs to, but couldn't they have made it in one of their bright patterns or in the canvas material I posted about here?  

What do y'all think of it?  Does it look a little manly to you... or is that just me?  I mean dark leather for a collection released in the spring?  I'm not sayin'...I'm just sayin'... 


Vera Bradley Fish Coin Pouch

11 comments:

Jenna said...

Haha - now that you mention it, I guess it does look kind of manly!, But the shape is super cute, hopefully they'll make it in other colors/materials soon :)

xoxo
Jenna

Pink and Green Mom said...

I agree with you, I think it looks manly! Spring lines require bright (or at least pastel) colors :)-e

ShortBlonde said...

I'm so surprised that they haven't had a nautical pattern yet! This coin purse doesn't look like VB at all. I agree- what were they thinking?

WhatMissLoves said...

I don't like that at all. It's not just manly it's just ugly. Glad I found your blog today, I'm a new follower!

I’m doing a fun post centered around the readers! I hope you can add your input!
Click here for the details!

...just another preppy shopaholic said...

The "leather" and shape of the coin purse doesn't seem vera braldeyish to me.

Okay, am I the only person who can't seem to keep up with all the patterns Vera Bradley has released lately? Geesh!

Emily said...

I agree, I think it looks kind of manly. If they would have made the leather into a lighter more cognac color it would have been more girly!

Lindsay // Vineyard Loveknots said...

Hahhaa... I actually saw this in a shop today and thought, "Hmm... weird."

Jessica said...

This does look a little manly to me. I don't think I would buy it. It should be lighter for spring and summer!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

i'm not a fan-- they could have done something MUCH cuter, and even the shape of the fish is just kind of weird

Carolina City Girl said...

i'm sorry, but the first thought that came into my head was, "that looks like a chocolate goldfish cracker."

hah! i just don't know about that, Vera.

living well said...

Yeah, I'm not a fan of it! I think it would look much better in a bright orange or pink. The brown is just weird and manly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...