Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My Miracle Hair Products


I want tell all of you who left me comments about my botched haircut/new short hair THANK YOU!!! I really enjoyed reading all of your "oh my gosh's" and "what did that girl do to your hair" comments!  

Through the experience of having my thick, curly hair suddenly chopped off to above my shoulders, I have gone through my fair share of hair products to find the ones that really work and wanted to share my findings with you.  

Pretty much the only thing that I've found that keeps my hair from looking like an oversized mushroom, is keratin. (Thank you sweet baby Jesus for whoever decided to put this protein into hair products!)  I debated getting a keratin treatment done to my hair, but the products below prevented me (so far) from having to have that done.  I tried a lot of drugstore products with keratin in it, but unfortunately the only ones that have worked, and I mean really work, have been salon brands. 

 I now present to you my lifesaver/sanity preserving hair products!

Simply Smoth Xtend Shampoo
 A little tip about this shampoo, and I'm not real sure how I came to figure this out, but if I wash my hair first with any other kind of shampoo, I normally use a smoothing one, and then use this afterwards, it works that much better, it helps it lather like crazy!  So yes, I have to double shampoo, but it's worth it!

 
Simply Smooth Xtend Conditioner
It only takes a tiny bit of this stuff and the tangles comb right out!


Simply Smooth Keratin Finishing Gloss
I put this on my hair while it's damp right before I blowdry it.  It says to use a dime-sized amount and they ain't lyin' when they say that.  I used a quarter amount one time and it did not turn out so well.


Simply Smooth Xtend Magic Potion
 This product is exactly what it says it is. A magic potion.  I'm not real sure what it does... I guess it conditions and helps smooth,but it's amazing! I put this on after the finishing gloss above.  


Simply Smooth Xtend Humidity Shield Hair Spray
This is hands down the best anti-humidity hairspray I've ever used!! I haven't used it at the beach in the summertime yet, but I'm guessing it's going to be golden when I do!


Paul Mitchell Awaphuhi Ginger Shampoo
 I've use the whole line of this collection as well.  The shampoo, conditioner, keratin leave-in treatment, and serum work really well!


California Smooth Keratin Smoothing Treatment

 I only have the smoothing treatment in this line, but I really love it and want to get the shampoo/conditioner next!



and I couldn't do without my HANAair blowdryer that I reviewed here! It has been a huge help!

So there you have it, those are the products that have helped me embrace my new short hair!

Have y'all ever used any good products with keratin in them?
  

(I wasn't paid to say/review any of this)

2 comments:

Jill @ ACharmedLife said...

With my frizzy hair... keratin has totally saved my life :) I get a full keratin treatment at my salon every four months, and even though it is pricey- it is SO worth it!! Thanks for sharing all these great products :)

Lindsay // Vineyard Loveknots said...

Never heard of the Simply Smooth brand. Please don't tell me you got it at Ulta, haha!
I've been using Peter Coppola Keratin Intense Rx serum.. obsessed with it!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...