Thursday, March 3, 2011

Top 5 Things!

Big thanks to my good blogging friend Lindsay, at Vineyard Loveknots, for tagging me to list my top 5 things I cannot live without! I agree with Lindsay, I have many things I could put on this list, but here are 5 (other than my cell phone) that are high priority.

1. Moisturizer with SPF - I do not leave the house without SPF on my face. Never. Ever. Ever. I am a little OCD about sunscreen, but we’ll leave that for a separate post. I am currently using CeraVe AM Moisturizing Lotion and I love it. I had an allergic reaction to some Eucerin face wash around Christmas and had to start using skin products for super sensitive skin (even though Eucerin is supposed to be for sensitive skin…) This keeps my face hydrated all day and so far, I haven’t had an allergic reaction to it!!


2. Sunglasses - I am the queen of squinting so I always have to have sunglasses with me. People pick on me for wearing sunglasses in the rain or when it’s overcast outside, but if I don’t have them on I am mega-squinting and my eyes water. I just got these sunglasses and I love them. They are polarized which I was told is supposed to help with glare, hopefully this is true.

3. Makeup – foundation, concealer, blush - If you refer back to #1 and my love for sunscreen, you’ll understand why I can’t really go without some color on my face. My face hasn’t gotten sun in years so it is extremely pale and gray-colored without makeup on. It’s so pale, that when my parents saw me at the beach a couple of summers ago without makeup on, my mom made me sit down because she thought I was sick… haha  After having to go without makeup for a week, thanks to the allergic reaction I had on my face (doctor’s orders), I have a new appreciation for makeup and will never take it for granted again!! I could care less about ever wearing mascara or eye shadow, but it is beneficial for me and everybody else around me if I have some color on my face :-) I use mineral foundation, Laura Mercier concealer, and a whole ton of different blushes (I’ll do some makeup review posts at a later date)
 
 
4. DVR! - I could live without this if I had too, I really could, but it is one of my favorite inventions and one of the things I use the most.  I love tv and I love being able to watch way too many shows on television. I also can live my life without having to worry if I am missing something on tv… haha
 

5. Vitamins aka Meat Pills - If you read my post here, you know that I don’t eat meat…buttttt that I also don’t really eat a lot of vegetables either. Due to my carbitarian diet, I take a lot of vitamins. Below is a (kind of embarrassing) picture of my GNC vitamin case that a guy at work labeled “meat pills” He always says “If you ate meat, you wouldn’t have to take a buttload of vitamins everyday” He’s a funny guy.




On a seprate note, another of my good blogging friends is hosting a fabulous giveaway and today is the last day to enter! Ashton, at Soulshine, is giving away a $25 gift card to J Crew and a Surcee Press journal.  Click here to enter!!

and speaking of Ashton, I am officially tagging her to list her top 5 things she cannot live without!

10 comments:

Sarah said...

love love laura mercier products..one of my best friends is a territory rep for her company!!

megan said...

I've been without a DVR (and cable) since November and I am DYING!!

Anonymous said...

DVR is a must!

KT @ KT's Refinishing School said...

I couldn't live without a DVR either, especially with how late J has been getting home from school lately! It's truly a life saver to be able to relax and unwind with our favorite shows (and no commercials!)

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

love the list.. i dont think i could live without our dvr either :) it just makes life so much easier! xoxo jcd :: cornflake dreams

Bridget said...

I'm with you on the DVR. I don't know what I would do without it!!

Jessica said...

Thanks for following! I hope you enter my giveaway! Cute blog, I'm following back!

Lindsay // Vineyard Loveknots said...

DVR has changed my life!! :)

Jenna said...

Love the list! I also have super sensitve skin and need to put some sort of face lotion on every morning - dermologica is the absolute best, but it's just way too expensive at like $70 for a tiny little bottle. :/

I have been going through DVR withdrawals since moving to South Africa... I had one in California so I know what I'm missing out on haha. They recently came out here, but are still new and waaay too expensive!

xoxo
Jenna

Beautifully Seaside // Formerly Chic Coastal Living said...

funny!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...