Saturday, February 12, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award

Big thanks to Ashton at Soulshine for passing this along to me!! I really appreciate it! Here are 7 random, possibly interesting things about me... 

1. I've been a vegetarian since I was in the 1st grade.  This is UNUSUAL for SEVERAL reasons.  First, I grew up in the counnn-try, surrounded by tobacco, soybeans, and corn.  To this day, I am probably the ONLY vegetarian that was born and raised in the county I grew up in.  My parents and sister eat meat for every meal, so no, they didn't make me this way, it was all me.  Believe me, they tried their hardest to get me to eat it, I just never liked the texture or taste of meat.  and no, it doesn't both me when people eat meat around me (I get asked that all the time.)  Secondly, I am PRO-HUNTING.  Yes, you read correctly.  A vegetarian that is FOR hunting! Hunting doesn't bother me, I just don't want to eat it.  If we don't kill the deer, they will kill us.  I also am a republican, pretty conservative, and definitely not a member of PETA, so this might make it a little unusual as well...  One more strange thing about this is that I don't really like vegetables.. I am more of a carb-atarian... but that's a discussion for another day.


2. I LOVE fantasy football! Like am obsessed with it.  I have major anxiety on Saturdays and Sundays before 1pm during football season trying to make the perfect decisions for my team.  At the end of the regular season this past year, I was tied for first with two other guys, which means I was better than 9 other guys.  Pretty good for a girl!  (Don't ask me about the playoffs though, didn't go so well...) 
3. My dream is to have a line of nautical-inspired clothing and accessories one day, but this dream is going about as well as my dream to be the brown-haired Erin Andrews... I can't draw or sew, sooo I need to work on that before I can have my own line :-)  I have all the ideas in my head and even a name, I just can't produce it....yet...

4. I am freakishly good at finding and researching things on the internet.  My friends call me the Google Queen.  

5.  I want to learn how to scuba dive ASAP.  I want to see how the fish, coral, and seahorses live.  I shoulda been a mermaid...

6. I like watching TV more than the average person.  I watch about as much TV as a hermit does, but somehow still manage to work and be social, my DVR is always at 90 something percent.  Me and my best friend Carmen make spreadsheets at the beginning of every new TV season so we can be sure we don't miss anything and to be sure our DVRs can record everything.  I don't, though, watch Jersey Shore or any of the Housewives series. 

7. I love rap music just as much as I love country music.  Always have.  I can go from George Straight to T-Pain to Usher to Jason Aldean and not skip a beat
So now you know a little bit more about me, I guess I am a pretty random person :-)

8 comments:

Marian said...

I'm seriously obsessed with Fantasy Football as well. It makes watching football a little more interesting...and allows me to care about games other than the one my team is playing in:)

Ashton said...

Keep working on that clothing line, because I will definitely purchase anything you make! You can do it!

Seashells and Southern Belles said...

Aww thank you Ashton! I need a game plan for this dream ASAP, ha!

Buckhead Belle said...

OMG, we have even more in common haha! I am sickly good at internet stalking... my friends always make me search for stuff/people on Google. Hope you had a good weekend!

Jules said...

Congrats on the award and I loved reading all of these fun facts! That is too funny that you make a spreadsheet for your TV shows. Love it. I would also love to learn how to scuba dive. I’ve been snorkeling a bunch, but it’s definitely not the same.

Madras and Pearls said...

This is the funniest post ever .. I google absolutely everything. Everyone makes fun of me for it because they know if we're talking about something - anything - and nobody knows, I'm already reaching for my phone to google it. And the spreadsheet for your DVR is too funny - I love DVR but my new apartment doesn't have it! So sad :( I can't believe you don't watch any of the Housewives .. I loveee OC & Beverly Hills. Maybe I should make a spreadsheet haha .. you are hilarious. (And I agree with Ashton on the clothing line - I think it'd be fabulous)

Kate said...

I've been a vegetarian since childhood too! And like you I'm definitely a carb-atarian. I'm really trying to be better about eating vegetables but I love carbs ;)

I print out a schedule for my DVR too. I usually go by Kristin from eonline. She has a printable schedule for all the premiere dates each fall and spring.

Michelle said...

You should DEFINITELY get scuba certified. I am an ocean queen, like you, and I am a diver. Being under water is the best feeling ever; you are defying the laws that hold the earth together (gravity). Fish arent scared of you underwater, and you see a heck of a lot more seashells than you do on the beach, but they have creatures living in them!
I definitely 100% suggest it :)

-Michelle (a S&SB fan)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...