Monday, March 4, 2013

Market Re-Cap!

Well, it may be a month overdue, but here is my first recap post on the Atlanta Apparel Market from when I went in January!  To say I had a fabulous time is an understatement...  Six days of being submerged into the world of fashion, clothing, and showrooms.  How could I not love it?  Like I mentioned in my last post, I went with the clothing company that I am a rep for, JV Clothiers.  Below are some handy iPhone pictures.  Since we are a collegiate clothing company, a huge focus of ours is football season and tailgating (again, this is why I love this job) so we went with a tailgate theme for our booth.  Our red checkered table cloth screamed southern and tailgating and we had water and food out for the buyers.

This was our booth.  I think it turned out super cute!

How cute is our clothing?!
Some of the team!

Our name one the door

and this, my friends, was our model.  I was convinced that he was doing The Dougie.  Don't y'all think so too?

We ate at Gladys Knight's restaurant.  It was amazing... They played the best R&B music the whole time. Which I was all about.

Club seats at the Hawks/Celtics game with some new friends we made from England!


I spotted a guy wearing a chain with my initials so I totally had to borrow it. 


This is a picture of the floors and this is literally just half of them. 

Other keys things to note about market that I don't have pictures of - 

I wasn't allowed admission into a bar (after waiting in a mile long line) because I had on cowboy boots... I was like "we're in Georgia! Cowboy boots reign here" But if I'm being honest, it was a hiphop club and I didn't exactly meet the dress code, so not sure why I was shocked....

I met a Seattle Seahwaks player at the Atlanta Hawks game.  I think he was somewhat impressed when I busted out with "I  know Russell Wilson, your quarterback.  He went to my college."  I then proceeded to tell him how upset I was that they lost their final playoff game.  I'm prettttty sure I was no more upset than he was... 

On the way to Atlanta, I set off security at the airport due to my cardigan having metallic thread in it... That was an ordeal.  

I also got to see a lot of my favorite brands up come and personal in their showrooms.  Posts on that to come later this week!

5 comments:

megan said...

Looks like so much fun! Can't believe that guy had a chain with your initials on it. So gangster. :)

Lindsey said...

I would have been in heaven there!! And I'm not sure I'd want to go to a club that didn't allow cowboy boots anyway, those jerks!

Caitlin C. said...

Lovee your chevron top! And looks like you were having so much fun!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Love the JM chain, ha!

Also, that is too funny about being denied in because of cowboy boots! You should have said: "Fine! These boots are made for walking then!"

kp said...

The Mart is DANGEROUS!!!!! I head straight for cash and carry jewelry even though I make my own jewels! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...