Monday, February 7, 2011

Sea It...Love It... - Urban Decay

As I said in Saturday's post, I went to an engagement party this past weekend at the beach.  (It was a blast!)  In preparation for this party, the bachelorette weekend, and the wedding, I have been on the hunt for products that would help my makeup stay on and look fresh for the duration of these events.  I'm not a fan of how my makeup looks good when I leave the house and then fades or wears off after a few hours.
  
For the party, I tried out two Urban Decay products I had seen great reviews on and LOVED them!!

The first is, Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion.  I have NEVER been able to get eyeshadow to not crease, that is, if it's still on after 2 hours.  I put this and my eyeshadow on at 5:00 and 8 hours later, my shadow looked exactly like it did when I put it on!  I was shocked! No creases and the color was just as vibrant as it was 8 hours earlier.  

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
 The next is an Urban Decay setting spray, All Nighter.  You spray it on your face after you put your makeup on and it is supposed to set it for up to 16 hours.  I was pretty skeptical about using this and was hoping when I sprayed it on that my makeup wouldn't run down my face, but much to my suprise, my makeup stayed put the entire night.  

Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray
(They make a $9 sample bottle that I bought to try before buying the larger bottle)

I would highly recommend both of these products! What are some good makeup primers that you've found to work really well?

Below are two pictures from the night.  One of the girls before we left and one is of the centerpieces at the party (which you know I LOVED!)




4 comments:

Buckhead Belle said...

Cute pictures! I am going to have to try those Urban Decay products... My eyeshadow always creases. UGH!

Rachel said...

I use ELF (eyes lips face) eye shadow primer and it's only $1!!! It works so well, the tube lasts awhile, and it's way cheaper than the Urban Decay primer.

You should definitely check it out, I swear by it!

Rachel
http://j-peachy.blogspot.com

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

i LOVE urban decay stuff too. you have a cute blog! now following :) xoxo jcd

www.cornflakedreams.com

Jules said...

You ladies look lovely at the party and the centerpieces are adorable!

I swear by Urban Decay Primer Potion and think it’s a fabulous product. It really does make a huge difference. When the color sin runs out, I want to try it in eden. The setting spray sounds great too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...