Monday, April 18, 2011

After the Storm..

It was a wild day here in Raleigh on Saturday. Scary may actually be a more accurate description...   Over 60 tornadoes ripped through the state, several here in Raleigh.  As of right now, the death toll is sitting at 22. Thankfully my family and I are okay and so is my house, but I just can't stop thinking about the people who lost their homes and everything they own.  When they woke up on Saturaday it was a normal day and by mid-afternoon their lives had literally been thrown upside down.  Below are a few pictures that show the devasation here in Raleigh.  The bottom picture was from Sanford, NC.

  I am keeping all those affected in my prayers...






This was a Lowe's in Sanford, NC.  Miraculously, the 100 people inside all lived and were only minorly injured. You can read about it here

{all images taken from cnn.com}

9 comments:

Lindsey Leigh said...

That same band of storms got to us here in Ala. and tormented us all day Friday. Happy to know you and your family are okay! Those buggers were scary. For sure! My work had to take cover on Friday about 4:30.

KatiePerk said...

So scary! My family is all ok, but I was flipping out down here in Charleston. I am from Sanford, and the entire family still lives there minus me. Glad you are ok!

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

omg so sad and scary! i am terrified of tornados :( glad you and your family are safe! xoxo jcd

Kim @ keller-creative said...

Very scary. I'm glad you are okay.

p.V.e said...

WOW, that is devastating! I'll be keeping them in my prayers. Glad you and your family are okay!

KT @ KT's Refinishing School said...

So very scary--I'm glad your family is okay :)

Prayers to the victims and their families as they recover and rebuild!

Brittany said...

So heart breaking!

I just found your blog today and I would love for you to check out mine and follow back! :)

bmaryandblessed.blogspot.com

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

those pictures are so sad! what a devastation! Makes us count our blessings..

Seaside Style said...

So glad you are ok! These storms were just devastating! Prayers to all. I am adding you to my blog list! I would love if you would consider adding me. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...