Friday, April 29, 2011

Friday's Fancies - Royal Wedding Edition


 Today's Friday's Fancies with {av}, of {long distance loving}, is all about the royal wedding!  We are picking out our dream outfits to "wear to the royal wedding" if we were going. When I think wedding attire, I normally wear a sundress for day weddings and a cocktail dress for evening weddings (ok, so not a real cocktail dress, just more of a dressy sundress...ha)  and actually, the past 342 weddings I've been to, I've had a bridesmaids dress on.... I will do a post one day with my whole collection. I actually have some really pretty ones!   

But anyways, needless to say, the whole idea of picking out an outfit to "wear to" the royal wedding sort of intimidated me.  But when all else fails, I turn to my favorite colors, coral and navy! I chose this classy Philip Lim shift dress, a coral a-line coat, and Louboutin pumps. (Might be a little brightly colored for England, but hey, it's very me!) I went with a gold fascinator and I actually really love it! And for the crown ring, I threw it in for a royal touch! 



3 1 Phillip Lim embellished dress
$620 - net-a-porter.com

A line coat
265 GBP - karenmillen.com

Christian Louboutin nude patent pumps
375 GBP - matchesfashion.com

Alexander McQueen studded handbag
1,975 GBP - net-a-porter.com

Pave diamond ring
$5,900 - shopkikionline.com

John Lewis fascinator hat
30 GBP - johnlewis.com

While the royal wedding has grown on me in the past 24 hours (thank you Lindsay, at Vineyard Loveknots!) I still am also very interested in the NFL Draft... haha My team really needs some help!

I hope you all have a great weekend. I am praying for everyone affected by the tornadoes yesterday... my heart is very heavy for them.  

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love the orange pop of the jacket with the navy dress!

Unknown said...

I must say I absolutely love the orange jacket and it definitely pops! Love it. And the fascinator is wonderful. Have a wonderful Friday.

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

LOVE the navy and orange combo! fantastic :) have a great weekend. xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

KT @ KT's Refinishing School said...

I love the coat and fascinator--we as Americans should really wear them more often as they are quite lovely :)

Let's start a new trend, okay?!

Have a great weekend!

Its Official said...

Love that Phillip Lim dress, especially with the orange! The wedding grew on me too, they looked so happy. Great site!! xx

jo_annie said...

Lovely colors! Pretty outfit!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Hmmm...I don't know what I would wear, but one of those funky hats would definitely be part of my outfit!

bailey said...

Love these colors. I chose an Alexander McQueen clutch too - how perfect since the wedding dress ended up coming from his house!

ali v. said...

I absolutely ADORE your Friday’s Fancies! You've stayed true to your nautical roots, but it looks SO regal! Love the coat, the fascinator, the ring, the whole thing! Can't wait to see what you create tomorrow :) xoxo {av}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...